|The following quiz should be fairly easy for anyone who’s been reading the Bible for a while. Estimated completion time: 60-120 seconds.
- When would you say the Hebrew word shalôm?
- What’s the translation of the Greek baptisma?
- When the Lord asks Peter if he loves him (John 21), is it significant that Jesus uses (the Greek verb) agapân, while Peter replies using phileîn?
- What is YHWH?
- Explain the meaning of Rabbi.
- Bonus question: The Aramaic Maranatha appears only once in the Bible. Where exactly? In the O.T. or the N.T.?
1. Peace! As a greeting or farewell.
3. No; the words are synonyms.
4. The four consonants of Yahweh, God’s personal name.
5. Teacher or master.
6. 1 Cor 16:22.